A call-recording app that allows you to make anonymous calls
- Pressing the red button guides you on its use
- Uses an extra phone line for anonymous outgoing calls
- Record calls manually or automatically
- Not extra hardware is required for use
- Only the short trial period is free
- Recordings are not guaranteed to remain safe or private
- Anonymous calling is only available to a minority of countries
- International calls are through a third party
Record your phone calls automatically
iRec allows you to use different private numbers, send the recording to yourself by email and you may also listen to, manage, and erase all audio recording you create. The app is easy to use. Pressing the red button begins the recording, and you can set it to record automatically at the beginning of each call, so you won’t need to put anyone on hold in order to press the record button while you are speaking.
A paid subscription service for recording your calls
The Call Recorder - Record a Phone Call for iPhone app is able to set up a private line where you are able to make anonymous phone calls. Despite its claims to the contrary, iRec is not free and only offers a free trial subscription. The anonymous function uses a private line that some countries do not have access to. Also, you shouldn't discuss financial or private life because as a rule of thumb it is never a good idea to discuss sensitive information when being record, and there is no guarantee for whom will hear your recordings, be it a hacker or a member of the iRec team.